This is quick game that will give your students practice writing numbers 1 through 20. They can play individually or in small groups.
- First, get a penny and toss it on the number chart.
- Second, cross out all of the numbers in the boxes that the penny touches.
- Third, say and write each of the numbers in the boxes that the penny touched on the recording sheet.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 until all of the number boxes are crossed out. Try to toss the penny on open boxes.
- For multiple players, work together to get all of the numbers!
When we play coin toss at home, the hardest part is getting the penny to land on the paper! But after a few tries, we became coin tossing experts and the game went much more smoothly. Take a look at a game in progress:
Coin Toss Recording Sheet
Coin Toss Game Board
Kindergarten, Counting & Cardinality: Know number names and the count sequence
Write numbers from 0 to 20. Represent a number of objects with a written numeral 0-20 (with 0 representing a count of no objects).
Let’s Play Coin Toss! Numbers 1 – 10