Play the CVC Circle Game for Beginning Sounds, as a fun way to practice, sound out and write CVC words.
How to play:
1. Each player takes a turn drawing a card from the CVC card deck.
2. Using the picture on the card, the player figures out the missing sound. The player then reads the full word aloud and writes the word down in the matching missing letter circle.
3. If a player runs out of circles for a particular letter, the player should write those extra words in the ‘Extra Words’ box.
4. If the player draws a WILD card, the player can write WILD in any circle they choose.
5. The first player to fill in one word in each circle wins!
Here’s an example of a completed gameboard:
The CVC Circle game can be played by a single player or multiple players. For younger students or students that need more help with CVC words, players can also play an easier version of the CVC Circle game by using the included deck of cards with the missing letter filled in.
Included in this resource:
CVC Circle game board in color and black and white versions
114 CVC word cards, showing word with missing letter and picture
114 CVC word cards, showing word with missing letter filled in and picture
You can download a preview of this eduprintable:
Please visit our TPT store to purchase Let’s Play the CVC Circle Game for Beginning Sounds.