• Comprehension questions
• Create your own book cover
• Dear Pigeon letter (persuasive writing exercise)
• Character map
• Word search
• Fill in the blank
• Write your own sentence
• Pigeon and duckling share a hot dog. What are some foods that you enjoy sharing with a friend?
• Pigeon describes how great a hot dog tastes in so many ways. How ould you describe something that tastes really delicious?
• Story map
• Build a word
• Sight word hunt
• Survey – do you like to eat hot dogs?
• Word wall
• Answer key
• Packet includes writing lines for additional handwriting practice and exposes
students to different fonts
Explore the book The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog! together with your students using this fun resource. You can also use a student’s answers to assess comprehension of the book. Use this resource to lead a classroom discussion, small-group sessions or as independent work or homework for those students that are ready. This would also make an excellent summer homework assignment.