A free wonderful book to share with your children and students regarding COVID-19 put out by Nosy Crow, an award-winning, small, independent children’s book publisher.
“Nosy Crow made this book quickly, to meet the needs of children and their families. No one involved was paid anything for their work.”
Topics covered, all in kid-friendly terms:
– What is the coronavirus?
– How do you catch the coronavirus?
– What happens if you catch the coronavirus?
– So why are people worried about catching the coronavirus?
– Is there a cure for the coronavirus?
– Why are some places we normally go to closed?
– What’s it like to at home all the time?
– What can I do to help?
– What else can I do?
– What’s going to happen next?
You can use this book in so many ways:
– Circulate to your students and children to read at home.
– Read aloud to the kids.
– Use the information in the book to hold discussions about COVID-19 with your kids.
– Use the information in the book to help you answer questions from kids in appropriate kid-friendly terms.
You are free to copy, distribute and share this book under the terms of the license which can be seen here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/
– Educational Websites Offering Free Materials (List will be kept updated)
– 19 Museums, Zoos and Aquariums Offering Free Virtual Tours
– How Can You Battle the Flu? Free Handwashing and Cover Your Cough Posters
– Coronavirus – Important Information
– Coronavirus – Template School Letter
– Coronavirus – Template School Letter – UPDATE
– Scholastic Temporarily Permitting Online Read-Alouds
– Penguin Random House Open License Online Story Time and Classroom Read-Aloud Videos and Live Events
– Macmillan Content Use Guidelines for Teachers, Librarians, and Parents
– Little Brown Guidelines