Book Companion Reader:
Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!
by Mo Willems
Kids will love this book companion reader to the book Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus!, by Mo Willems. This resource includes:
• Comprehension questions
• Making a prediction
• Dear Bus Driver letter (persuasive writing exercise)
• Character map
• Word search
• Fill in the blank
• Matching beginnings and endings of sentences
• Write your own sentence
• Pigeon is not allowed to drive the bus. What are some things that you really want to do, that you are not allowed to do?
• Pigeon says so many different things to convince you to let him drive the bus. What are some things that you say to a grown up to convince them to let you do something?
• Pigeon wants to drive the bus. What do you want to drive?
• Build a word
• Sight word hunt
• Survey – would you let the pigeon drive the bus?
• Word wall
• Answer key
• Packet includes writing lines for additional handwriting practice and exposes
students to different fonts
Explore the book Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! together with your students using this fun resource. You can also use a student’s answers to assess comprehension of the book. Use this resource to lead a classroom discussion, small-group sessions or as independent work or homework for those students that are ready. This would also make an excellent summer homework assignment.