Perfect activity to hand out as an at-home social studies / geography project for grades 2 and up. We suggest giving the students 2 weeks to complete this assignment so they can work at their own pace. We tried to make this fun and engaging by including a map to label states where you and your family live, cut and paste activities and even some basic internet research to complete state fact sheets.
This free eduprintable includes 6 activities:
- Label State Abbreviations on a Map
- Color Home, Visits, Friends and Family on a Map
- Cut and Paste State Abbreviations
- Match the State and Capital
- *All About My Favorite State
- *All About Another State
*For the last two activities, we ask the students to do some basic internet research, so they may need a grownup to help.
No prep needed! Just print and go!
Here are a few sample pages:
– 18 No Prep Book Activities
– Reading Comprehension and Writing Prompts
– Ways to Push Your Thinking
– Stretch a Sentence Writing Exercise
– Don’t Ever Call Me Nice Again! Character Trait Synonyms Lists for Upper Elementary Writing